Can I send SysX data to my SD40?
Yes, you can! We put together a short demo showing a few steps for working with a Ketron SD40 and SysX Data. In our case, we sent the commands from Logic Pro X to our SD40. We also introduce the factory and user level bank commands for styles.
- First, we select a user style from bank 50 and then send patch 13 which is a user style called “16Beat_3 (2)”.
- Next, we play a C2.
- Here are the SysX commands we sent in our project:
- Arr A: F0 26 7C 03 67 7F F7
- Intro3: F0 26 7C 03 64 7F F7
- Fill: F0 26 7C 03 6B 7F F7
- Arr C: F0 26 7C 03 69 7F F7
- Break: F0 26 7C 03 6C 7F F7
- Arr D: F0 26 7C 03 6A 7F F7
- Ending 3: F0 26 7C 03 64 7F F7
Give it a try from your MIDI controller if you have one that can send SysX data or connect up your favorite DAW.