Wersi style size

Forums Wersi Products Wersi style size

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Robert Burgess
    Participant
    @robert

Wersi OAX styles from “Wersi” seem to have a size in the 10’s of KB range; whereas I noticed OAX styles contributed, for example by “Carlo” have sizes in the 10’s of MBs. Can someone explain why there is such a huge difference in sizes?

Curt
      Keymaster
      @immusiccm

Hi Robert,

I have to admit I’ve never paid attention to the size of the factory or user styles, but an interesting question. Let me reach out to Carlo (the creator of the styles) and see if he can shed any light on the size.

Orgelist Carlo
        Participant
        @carlo

Hello Robert,

The difference in Style-Size is due to the fact that they are RealDrumStyles, containing Drum-Audiotracks in WAV-format. These Drum-Audiotracks taking much more space then ordinairy Midi-tracks.
          1 minute of Stereo 48KHz/16 bit Audio needs about 10 MB Memory space.
          10 GB of SSD-space is good for +/- 15 hours of Stereo 48 KHz/16 Bit Drum-Audio.
          So, don’t worry about the storage capacity of OAX, as there is plenty of space avaiable on the SSD.
          For now, i have loaded about 400 of my RealDrumStyles, consuming 10 Gb of the 255 GB avaiable SSD-Storage capacity.

I hope this answers your question and worry’s.

Best Regards, and thank you for using the RealDrumStyles,
          Carlo

Robert Burgess
          Participant
          @robert

Thank you for your reply…makes perfect sense in light of the .wav files. As a new-comer to Wersi, I do find that most of the “Real-Drum” track/styles simply sound better to me.

Curt
            Keymaster
            @immusiccm

Thanks for the additional insight, Carlo.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Wersi Products Wersi style size