USA Wersi folks??

Forums Wersi Products USA Wersi folks??

Tagged: 

• This topic has 14 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Don.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Jim Laing
    Participant
    @jimlaing

Hi – Is there still a group/forum/site for USA-based Wersi owners? I’m a new owner of an OAX 800 and would like to make contact with people that might be somewhat nearby etc.! In addition to lots of good info and discussions on this IMMUSIC site, I was hoping there might be a USA-specific Wersi group as well . . .
      Thanks! -Jim

immusic
      Keymaster
      @admin

Hi Jim,

First, congrats on the 800!

My name is Curt, and I own/run both the IMMusic site and WersiClubUSA. Sadly there are not the many Wersi owners left here in the US.

The WersiClubUSA site is a little more Wersi focused, but over the past year, we are more active on our IMMusic site, where we talk “Keyboard stuff” regardless of brand/model.

We currently own an OAX 700 and a gazillion VST’s, where we do most of our music-making and recording.

Ask away with your Wersi questions, and we will try to help if we can.

If you are interested, we also have a handful of videos you can review:
        https://www.youtube.com/c/WersiClubUSA
        https://www.youtube.com/user/immusicstore

If you would like to listen to some of the music we have recently recorded – Check out our Spotify playlist.

Again, please feel free to ask questions, and we will try to help where we can. 🎹

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by immusic.
        Jim Laing
        Participant
        @jimlaing

Hi – thanks for the note! I tried to put in a Reply, and hit ‘submit’ button (yesterday), but that reply seems to not be here?! Anyway ,I enjoyed listening to some of your recordings. So is there a ‘database’ of USA folks that are Wersi owners? If it is sparse, I wonder if there any on the East coast (MA or NC in my case)?

I’ll check out the videos!

-Jim

Bill
          Participant
          @abacus

Hi Jim

We have a SZ member I see (Must admit I have not been on SZ for ages) have fun with your OAX800.
            There are some Q&A videos on this site https://www.youtube.com/c/LowreyUK/videos that might interest you as they are a UK dealer for Wersi and regularly post videos on them.
            Welcome aboard

Bill

Curt
            Keymaster
            @immusiccm

Hey Jim,

Not sure there is a database that would show where folks are located. All we have is an e-mail address for folks that follow our site(s) — nothing else.

In any event, you didn’t mention where you purchased from, but in case you are not aware. Jim, might be convenient for you? I not 100% sure, but I think he is located in North Carolina.

http://www.wersiorgansusa.com/
              954-383-9608
              j.vogelman@wersi.us

Jim Laing
              Participant
              @jimlaing

Hi – I was mainly hoping to find out of there are any other East-coast (US) Wersi owners.. Yes, I did purchase via WersiOrgansUsa and Jim Vogelman – I was surprised to learn (some months ago) that our USA dealer is right in the state where I now live (NC!) [I’m originally from the Boston, MA area).

One thing I want to research is if the Yamaha styles of Genos (which I also own) can be converted easily to Wersi format?

Thanks – hope to find other USA Wersi owners to chat with / share ideas etc., on this forum!

-Jim

Mark Robbins
                Participant
                @markrobbins

Hi Jim,

I have the Yamaha Style converter for my 800. More than happy to run one of your Genos styles through it for you if you can send me one.

Thanks
                  Mark

Curt
                  Keymaster
                  @immusiccm

Jim,

I would think that Jim V. should be able to order this for you? I have it installed. When I purchased it, I did so directly from the Musicstore. I didn’t check, but I suspect it is still available there also? That was back in 2019.

It’s super easy to convert a style right on-board the organ. You will most likely find that you will want to go in and tweak volume levels and even possibly what sound is selected by the converter. Overall, the converter does a nice job getting the style and reasonably close Wersi voices assigned in place of the Yamaha sounds.

ERWEITERUNGEN – EN

Here’s a short video we did on the process right after we installed the converter.

BTW – We are located in Central Florida. Not super close to you, but at least we are on the east coast.

Jim Laing
                    Participant
                    @jimlaing

Thanks. . . I’ll look into how to purchase the converter – Jim V. will be my first contact etc.; I look forward to having some of my favorite styles from my Genos, over in my new Wersi! Did you have to do much ‘tweaking’ of levels, sounds, etc., or mostly able to import (convert) from the Genos files and they worked pretty well right off the bat? Thanks, -Jim

Mark Robbins
                      Participant
                      @markrobbins

I have hundreds of Yamaha styles converted on my 800, I think mainly Tyros, but maybe some Genos too – I don’t remember. Check with Jim V to make sure it does support Genos or you will be disappointed.

I would say that 95% convert just fine, and my personal tweaking is to remove or mute some parts, especially bass as I play pedals and have never used auto bass, and some are a bit much for me – ie, they are almost songs in their own right. I prefer guitar strums etc, the sort of thing that adds something that I cannot play myself.

Bill
                        Participant
                        @abacus

HI Jim
                          You can get a free trial activation key to see if the convertor does what you require, that way you can try before you buy and only purchase the full key if it does what you want. (Most other manufactures you have to buy it and if you don’t like it, tough)
                          Bill

Curt
                          Keymaster
                          @immusiccm

Jim,

I like Bill’s idea of “try before you buy”. One other thought if Jim V is close enough to you? Maybe run over to his place and give it a try. I’m assuming he has an instrument or two on-site, and with any luck, one of them has the converter installed?

Jim Laing
                            Participant
                            @jimlaing

Thanks – I’ll contact Jim V (USA Wersi dealer) to ask about all of this (the Yamaha style converter). Some of you mentioned a site (Musicstore?) is that a Wersi site, or something separate (a different company)?

Thanks! Jim

Curt
                              Keymaster
                              @immusiccm

That was me, Jim. Musicstore is the current owner of the Wersi brand. You should see it in the splash screen as OAX is booting up. Take a look. Search fro Wersi once on their site.

Don
                                Participant
                                @wersi2020

Hi Jim
                                  Welcome to the Wersi family. I have the OAX 800 plus a Ketron module and live in California. Sorry I’m not closer. I would be happy to share ideas and answer questions.
                                  Don Miller
                                  donmiller48@icloud.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Wersi Products USA Wersi folks??