OAX1

Forums Wersi Products OAX1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

Hi there,

my name is Juergen and I am living in southwest Germany near to the swiss border. I own some Wersi organns and keyboards. My latest addition was the OAX1 including the lower manual extension. I would like tknow how many in this forum are owning an OAX1. I know that most of you own an organ such as a sonic 5007600/700/800…

Hence I am interested whether I am the only one with the budget Wersi 😉

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Hi Juergen,

I know of at least one other person that follows the forums that is an OAX1 owner. He is located here in the states and I’m pretty sure he also has the lower manual extension.

I’m sure he will respond once he sees your post.

Welcome to the group!

Derek
    Participant
    @derekmatts

Anyone out there with an OAX 1 single keyboard.

Just obtained a used OAX1 not sure of its age but have loaded 2.8 OK and it seams to work as it should. But after trying to install a new lower keyboard section the main internal speakers underneath rest on the back of the lower keyboard jamming some of the keys.
    Has anybody had this problem? I have solved it by fitting some extra rubber feet to raise the top keyboard by about 1/4 inch. If anyone has had this problem, would love to hear how they solved it etc.

Regards,
    Derek…..

Jerry Patterson
    Participant
    @vulcan1988

I ordered a lower keyboard for my OAX! and had the same issue. Wersi sent me a new keyboard to resolve my issue however if you are good at woodworking you can remove the keypad from the assembly and drill the holes a little deeper so that the keypad sits a little lower to clear the speakers.

Jerry

Jerry Patterson
    Participant
    @vulcan1988

Hi Juergen,

I have a OAX1 with lower manual. Have not been able to work with it as much as I would like but that is going to change soon. I have a video on youtube playing the OAX1. Look for jerrypatterson19551 to see my videos.

Jerry

Derek
    Participant
    @derekmatts

Hi Juergen, Jerry,

I have just obtained a used OAX1 with lower manual and 17 pedalboard and in no way do I class it as a budget organ. Just over 2 years ago I owned a OAX700 which was sold as had no confidence in the backup. I have another thread just started regards the internal speakers which when I install the top part on the bottom the round ring of the speaker rests on the back of the lower keys jamming them. The lower part is new but the main keyboard is a lot older, was wondering has the lower part been modified?
    At the moment I have turned down the internal speakers and running to 100w sats and a 200w woofer which sound great. To solve the jamming problem I’ve fitted some rubber feet to the bottom part so the top sits 1/4 inch higher.

Regards,
    Derek…England UK.

Derek
    Participant
    @derekmatts

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for that I was thinking about removing the speakers but did not want do just yet as the screen is broken although working fine did not want to disturb it. I have a new screen on order via Allens Music.

Regards,
    Derek……

JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

Hi Jerry,

nice to hearing from you 🙂 I will do so…

Cheers

Juergen

JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

Hi Derek,

that sounds a little bit strange to me. I have to send back my new lower manual because it is damaged.

Hence I have have to use the lower manual of my Abacus OAS1. I am a little bit astonished because the lower OAS Abacus manual fits perfectly under the OAX1. Okay it does not cover the bottom of the OAX1 but it fits seemles into the front of the OAX1. Because of this I wouldn´t expect any changes in the design of the OAX lower manual. There is only one thought left. Could it be that you got a Pegasus Wing lower manual?

If not the only person who should know about this matter is Karlheinz Hack form Wersi Studio Hochrhein. He is assembling all the stuff for Wersi.

Anayway I don´t have this problem and this problem does not occur even using the Abacus lower manual…very strange…

Bay the way I don´t use the internal speakers either…I am using a small EV PA.

BR

Juergen

Derek
    Participant
    @derekmatts

Hi Juergen,

I think it was Jerry had the same problem and Wersi sent a new unit which did fit.

After looking at the unit I found it easy to undo the 20 odd screws that hold the lower keyboard in case and then cut 1/4 inch off the support poles and refit. Now fits fine, only took about 45mins to do.

Regards,
    Derek…….

Derek
    Participant
    @derekmatts

Hi All,

Anyone know if the OAX1 has a backup battery regards the Windows PC as my Clock Time will not save and it often when starting go’s straight to Bios.

If so do you know what the battery is I would expect something like a CR2032.

Thanks,
    Derek……..

JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

Hi Derek,

because my OAX1 is brand new I don´t want to open it to do not cause any warranty issues in case something went wrong.

I would recommend to check what mainboard is used for your OAX1. You can gather this information via the windows system. It should list you the used hardware components. This should allow you as well to determine the type of battery that is used. Or you just open your keyboard an have a look 😉

I would try to replace the battery. I doesn´t cost very much and it helps you to determine whether this was the fault…

Cheers

Juergen

Torgny
    Participant
    @torgny

Hi!

I don’t have any but is thinking of getting a OAX1 with lower and pedals.
    Are you happy with this setup as an organ and with Wersi in general?
    The OAX1 doesn’t have the preset buttons below the manual as it’s organ siblings. So how can the presets be chosen?

Thank you

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Torgny,

Regarding your question about presets. You can access the presets via the touchscreen. Here’s an example showing the Factory String presets. The ten Green Buttons = the buttons between the manuals on the organ.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Derek
    Participant
    @derekmatts

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for the info. I did not want to open up as the screen although working fine is broken and I did not want to move / disturb it. Allens have a new screen on order and will replace the battery if needed when they do the screen. So for the moment I am going to leave it.

Regards,
    Derek…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Wersi Products OAX1