OAX & VST’s

Forums Wersi Products OAX & VST’s

Tagged: , ,

• This topic has 63 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by JK.
Viewing 13 posts - 51 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

…one addition: they say -> Requirements: Kontakt 5.0.3 or higher.

This would mean that I have to use Kontakt. Right?

Cheers

Juergen

Bill
    Participant
    @abacus

Hi Juergen

Think of Kontakt as an instrument in its own right (Just like a hardware synth) and it can have various sample sets loaded from 3rd party manufactures, that way the manufacture only has to sort out the samples and the sound engine in Kontakt takes care of everything else. (Kontakt can be used stand alone or as a plug-in)

Many of these sample sets only require the Kontakt Player (Which is free) however looking on the website you gave it requires the full paid for version.

On the flip side if you read further, it says they can provide a standalone plug-in that can be loaded direct into a VST Host (As fitted in the Wersi) so email them to find out how you get this version as it doesn’t make it clear.

Bill

JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

Hi Bill,

obviously you are a VST maven as well!

On the flip side if you read further, it says they can provide a standalone plug-in that can be loaded direct into a VST Host (As fitted in the Wersi) so email them to find out how you get this version as it doesn’t make it clear.

Thanks for your precise reading and for clarifying. I didn´t get the point about the stand alone version and I didn´t realize that they were talking about the full version of Kontakt. My bad…

So I followed your recommendation and wrote an email to Auditory Lab and asked them about the stand alone plugin. I will let you know about their answer…

By the way thanks as well for the really great explanation about Kontakt and plugins in general. That really makes things clearer to me!

Again thank you very much for your help!

Juergen

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by JK.
    JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

Hi Bill,

it´s me again. I can´t believe it. They already answered my inquiry (-:

Thank you for your email!
    Harmonica V.2 is available as a stand alone VST, you can make your purchase normally here : http://www.auditory-lab.com/Harmonica.html
    Once you do that you can contact us here so we can send you the Stand-alone VST.

Juergen

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Looks like you and Bill figured this out. Let us know how you make out.

JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

Hi Curt,

hopefully 😉

I just ordered the stand alone version. As soon as I got the plugin installed (and maybe working) I will come back to you.

Juergen

JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

Hi there,

it´s morning in Germany and I have already installed the plugin. No difficulties, everything works fine (-:

But one question remained. I saved the plugin as Preset. The preset always uses the last configuration of the plugin. Is there a way to store different settings or is this the reason why Kontakt would make sense because it provides exactly this feature?

Juergen

Bill
    Participant
    @abacus

I have a feeling you may be mixing things up, however:

When you save the configuration in the VST Host, this will always be the configuration that is loaded at start up; you can save more than one configuration by giving it a different name and then choose which one you wish to use. (Whatever configuration that is in use when you shut down the instrument will be loaded at start up unless you failed to save it, which in that case the previous saved one will load)

If you want to alter the plugin variables (ADSR etc. depending on what the plugin allows) and save them in a VST sound, then you have to assign the appropriate cc codes when you setup the VST voice.

If you go onto the IMMusic YouTube Channel or the wersiclubusa YouTube channel, you will find a number of videos that Curt has done which should help.

Bill

JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

Hi Bill,

thanks for helping me out again.

No worries. I am not completly off track 😉

It´s all about the correct terms!

If you want to alter the plugin variables (ADSR etc. depending on what the plugin allows) and save them in a VST sound, then you have to assign the appropriate cc codes when you setup the VST voice.

That´s what I meant by using the term configuration.

I am just going back to the Modart video of Curt and check them out. I think I will find my solution there. And yes, it´s about the cc’s. You´re right again 🙂

Juergen

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

Addition:

The problem is that the interface of Harmonica does not present CC# or PC#. Okay, in case of CC# the MIDI standard maybe works. But I have no information how to select the instrument type of the harmonica via PC# because the program change number isn´t provided in the interface…

Bill
    Participant
    @abacus

Well it should say in the manual how to assign the codes and what program control numbers register the sounds, (Usually a table in the back) unless the standalone version does not have these features without the use of Kontakt.

Try this for program change:
    Set up a VST voice in OAX (I am assuming when you loaded the Plugin in the Host you assigned the number of voices you required) and set the bank codes to 0 and the program code to 0 and save it, then chose a second VST voice (Make sure it is taken from the plugin bank) and set the bank codes to 0 but the program code to 1 and save this, you can now switch between them and see if the voices in the plugin change, if not, check within the plugin settings to see if there is an option to activate this function.

For Control codes:
    Right clicking a control in the plugin (Or if you are just using the touch screen press and hold) and see if the control code for that control shows up, (You may also be able to assign it from here) then just set the VST voice control code to that.

NOTE: Sometimes the manual is a pdf file that comes with the plugin or within the help function of the plugin. (Unfortunately I cannot see any manuals on their site so the suggestions above are typical of the way VSTs work, but nothing is set in stone)

Have fun

Bill

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

My apologies for being quiet on this. On the road this week, and not much time to check in online. Bill has you on the correct path. As time permits, I’ll go back through this and learn what can about the VST in question. If they offer a demo version I can give it a try once I get back to the studio.

JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

Good Morning guys,

@Curt: You don´t have to apologize! Your help is very appreciated. But remember you are doing this by choice and getting not paid for 😉 So no one can expect such a dedication even it is really welcome. You are doing a great job but you should take your time as well… So, no worries…

@Bill: Thanks for passing on this info and for great explanation!

BUT

I got an answer from the vendor and I can tell you that we are no noobs 😉

Hello,

Switching between the Harmonica types can only be done from the plugin interface.
    Here is the available CC controls:
    Volume: control via midi CC 7
    Modulation: control via midi CC 1
    Reverb: control via midi CC 91

It´s a simple as that 🙂

There is a Kontakt version as well and I think the Kontakt version provides more options. But at the moment I don´t want to buy the full version of Kontakt. Anyway, to me the Harmonica sounds very good and I can live with the limitation. At the end this is a plugin for a DAW and for producing. In that respect it wouldn´t be a limitation…

Hope this information is useful for other forum members as well…

Cheers

Juergen

Viewing 13 posts - 51 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Wersi Products OAX & VST’s