OAX V2.90 Available

Forums Wersi Products OAX V2.90 Available

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 17 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Curt.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    BGJay
    Participant
    @bgjay
    Anthony Muckelt
    Participant
    @cumbria50

Having updated to OAX 2.90, I’ve identified one issue so far. On the Drawbars Live Farfisa page the preset called “Farfisa All Booster” doesn’t produce any sound. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Anthony

Bill
    Participant
    @abacus

Have you checked the user manual, as the booster functions are not a straight on/off? (Page 61)

Bill

JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

Hey guys,

great to get the information about the software update from you! I just had a look into the changes. I think I am too old school but I am not fired up by the changes…

Now my absolutely personal opinion and impression: I do not need a Farfisa organ. Instead I would prefer an improved organ sound of the Wersi classicals like Helios/Galaxy or Hammond B3/H100. Take a look at keyswerk´s Boehm organs. I never liked those organs because of their look and sound. But meanwhile they are using the HX3.5 by Keyboardpartner which generates exactly those classic organ sounds (IMHO perfectly). And they have integrated this module into their operating system. Thake a look at their new Arpeggiator. This update offers absolutely new dimension with respect to accompaniment optimization.

Don`t forget. I am a Wersi fan boy. And surely the splitting logic is a welcome feature. But that’s it for me with respect to 2.9. I am not sure whether I will be updating my system for those marginal features.

Only my humble and personal opinion!

I am really thinking about selling my Wersi. But unfortunately they really better looking instruments. And the buttons are not so small like the Boehm buttons. Yes, I am becoming older and my eyes as well…

I would like to hear your thoughts…(even Boehm is not available in the US (I think)).

Best

Juergen

Bill
    Participant
    @abacus

Hi Juergen
    If you read the updates it mentions that the live drawbars display have been redesigned to allow for future updates, therefore one can assume that more organ models are under development.
    I would definitely hang on to your Wersi OAX for the time being, as we can’t be too far away from V3.00, which is when the big updates usually occur.

Bill

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

I have been pretty busy this week and haven’t had time to download/install—rather mixed reviews from what I’ve seen in all the usual groups/forums.

Plan to install this weekend.

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Juergen,

I would love to hear whatever samples you can post. I have not heard of Seebach. Enjoyed the videos and sounds.

A couple of years ago, when we were messing around with Ketron, we did some samples of “Vintage Organs.” Several Ketron owners downloaded those sample packs.

I thought about releasing those samples for OAX, but since many of the older Wersi models are already “built-in” into OAX, I didn’t bother. Maybe I should reconsider?

Here are a few of those sounds (played on Ketron SD90.)

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Curt.
    JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

Hi guys,

first of all: Check this one as well. This one is dated 2017. So the first version of the HX3.5 implementation. They is a huge improvement since then.

Somehow the link dissapears. -> Boehm Drawbar Module (HX3.5)

@Curt: I would love to use the samples. Unfortunately I do not have a SD90 and as far as I know, the samples do not work with my SD40. So an OAX version would be a good idea (imho).

Finally I decided not to update to OAX 2.9. I don´t need the features. At the end it makes the usage more complicated with respect to the organ section. The split points are already set in my presets. So no need for this featrure as well. I will wait until 3.0 😉

Juergen

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by JK.
    JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

and some more bits and pieces…

First of all, the company mentioned is Deebach not Seebach. Sorry, my bad.

And here more information abaout the Real Organ aka HX3.5 by Carsten Meyer more Real Organ aka HX3.5

JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

this is about Carsten Meyer himself and his “baby” the HX3 module
    Carsten Meyer and the HX3

Carsten is an expert technician on old Hammonds as well and he developped some (spare)parts by himself.

And again. I have no relationship with Carsten except beeing customer and owning 3 HX3.5 expander.

JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

and here you can see the HX-100 he owns. A black beauty…

Carsten´s HX-100

JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

And here two new posted videos of Klaus Wunderlich at his Spectra at the BBC

KW Spectra

@Curt: if this post does not fit in please feel free to shift it to another section…

But I think it can remind us of the fantastic CD-series sound 🙂

JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

…and the second video. I would love if the UK guys would find more of his TV appearances in their vaults

KW Spectra 2

Anthony Muckelt
    Participant
    @cumbria50

No I hadn’t checked the manual!

My page 61 in the manual is 4.10.2 ACC Controls OAX800-100 . I can’t see anything about Booster functions here. Is this the same as your page 61?

Anthony

Rich Albertini
    Participant
    @rich

Anthony,
    Get a fresh copy of the User Manual from the Wersi website,it starts on page 61. The manuals have been updated. I installed 2.90 last night and it is working fine.

Rich

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Correct, SD40 does not have the needed sampler function. If we find enough interest from OAX owners, we can convert to a format that will load into OAX.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Curt.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Wersi Products OAX V2.90 Available