OAX V2.85 Released

Forums Wersi Products OAX V2.85 Released

Tagged: 

• This topic has 33 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Curt.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    BGJay
    Participant
    @bgjay

OAX Version 2.85 has been released.

See here: https://www.wersi.net/en/en-service-downloads/

Barry

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

We just downloaded it and getting ready to copy it over to a USB stick. Who else is going to install today?

Bill
    Participant
    @abacus

Nothing major but a lot of functions that have been requested by owners has now been implemented. (Well done Wersi)

Have fun

Bill

Mark Robbins
    Participant
    @markrobbins

Downloaded and installed, no issues at all.

I have also just recorded and posted a new YouTube video using v2.85.

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Same here – Installed with no issues. I can’t say I recorded a video, though! 😳

If you haven’t taken the plunge yet. Jump in the waters fine!

Derek
    Participant
    @derekmatts

Hi All,

Could not for some reason do an upgrade to install, but did a backup and Complete Install then loaded my backup.
    No problems yet……

Regards,
    Derek…..

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Hey Derek,

What were the messages/errors you received when attempting to upgrade vs. a complete install?

On a side note, we were able to use “update.”

Steve
    Participant
    @steve

Hi

Have just updated my 500,and all went ok.I have noticed however,some of the music archive registrations have been messed up on mine.Some of the sounds have been transposed up,and sound awful.
    Not sure,but I think the octave and transpose have been switched around on the sound edit page,unless I’m having a senior moment

Regards
    Steve

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Hi Steve,

There was a discussion on this earlier today in a different group, and the consensus is that those buttons did switch positions. Why? No idea!

Derek
    Participant
    @derekmatts

Hi Curt,

Was coming up with unable to see/find an ini.file plus the route to that file ( sorry should have made a note – think it was maybe styles? ). I tried selecting all possible answers ( Yes,No,Cancel ) with no success.

When I tried with complete upgrade, it just worked.

Not sure if I told you I have swapped my OAX 1 with a OAX 500.

Regards,
    Derek…….

Steve
    Participant
    @steve

Hi Derek,

Thanks for that, it’s good to know I’m not going mad.The trouble is,some sounds that were higher or lower octave,are now transposed instead in the Music Archive ie, Mornings at 7.
    I think I will try a complete update later to see if it cures my problem

Regards
    Steve

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Hi Derek,

Congrats on the OAX500. Very nice! The rumor is that if you respond “no” to all the various prompts, the install will run to completion and be fine. I can’t verify as I didn’t get any of the prompts…

Torgny
    Participant
    @torgny

One anticipated fix by FW is to be able to use an external Midi controler mainly a standard Midi pedal board but perhaps others to.
    Then just control the Pedal part in the OAX in exactly the same was as if it was the Wersi Pedal board without using any program change from the midi controller or what has previously been required.
    Is this feature implemented in v2.85? I noticed that on fix is midi direct that could perhaps be it? Has someone tested it?

Bill
    Participant
    @abacus

Hi Torgny

Looking at the manual for OAX V2.85-00 it now has the base Midi-In controls that were on OAS, so you should be good to go.

Bill

Bill
    Participant
    @abacus

From videos and pictures it looks like the LM and Pedal volume indicators on screen have changed colour, has anyone else noticed this or is it just the angle of the camera that the pictures/videos were taken.

Bill

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Bill, You are correct. The volume indicators were all green in the past (if I remember correctly), now they match the background of each section. Upper = Green, Lower = Red . and Pedal = Blue. I have no idea what color Pergamon adds?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Torgny,

I’ll give it a try today-Saturday and let you know. Not with an actual pedalboard, but with a MIDI controller, which should verify what you want to know.

JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

Hi guys,

installed without problems, realy nice.

Now you are able to connect any midi input device e.g. pedal to midi 1 and you are able to control your wersi. Just tested and it works like expected, great addition. And yes it´s exactly like OAS. Thanks Uli Wildhack!!!

And yes, obviously the “buttons” transpose/octave/can´t remember the third have changed places?!

Because I have no presets using one of these options I have no problems so far. Btw the VB3 vibrato button is fixed as well.

Cheers

Juergen

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by JK.
    Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

JK – Thanks for the feedback. Based on your feedback, the issue is me! I’ve been messing with both In and In2 this afternoon, and I’m not getting what I expect for the results.

Ah well, tomorrow is a new day!

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Curt.
    Bill
    Participant
    @abacus

HI Curt

Midi In 1
    If it is working correctly (As it says in the instructions) then whenever you send on the Midi channel that is assigned to the upper, lower and pedal (Plus solo on Pergamaon) on Midi 1, it should play that manual as if you were playing the manual itself, (That’s how OAS works) and if you send a program change it will select the matching Total Pre-set. (Midi In 1 is for manual control not sound control)

Midi In 2
    This has to be controlled by the outside source (The organ becomes an expander without any controls) and so can be used for additional manuals or sequencer without interfering with the main organ itself. (That’s how OAS does it)

Bill

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Thanks, Bill. That’s pretty much what I expect. It appears I’m having a cabling or routing issue. I’m running MIDI monitor on my Mac, and it does show the data being sent from the controller out to the Sonic, yet no sound on either In1 or In2.

Minor issue – Although everything was tested when I cabled the devices up, I have all the cables bundled and in cable ties making it a bit of a hassle to trace out the wires to ensure that they do, in fact, go from point “a” to point “b.” On top of that, I need to pull the desk and organ out from the wall to get behind them to verify.

Later today, I’ll grab another MIDI cable, run straight out of the controller into the organ, and bypass the other gear currently in the mix.

I’ve been down this road before. Every time I clean up cables, run them neatly, and tucked away the next day, I want/need to change something in the configuration. I should leave the cable mess exposed for easy access for “whatever.” 🤓

BGJay
    Participant
    @bgjay

Just for information: Trevor and Tom from Allens Music Centre in the UK are apparently doing a Wersi OAX 2.85 presentation on their weekly YouTube session next week. Those two know what they are doing – so it should be interesting.

BUT NOTE: Because it is a bank holiday weekend here in the UK- the session will take place on Tuesday at 10.00am UK time (31st August) and not the normal Monday. You can always catch up with it on YouTube later (for those people still in bed…).

Actually their normal Monday morning sessions are alway interesting even if they are not specifically about Wersi – as they have a wealth of knowledge of organs and keyboards.

Barry

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

AHA!

First, let me say that, as mentioned above, you can use MIDI In1 to “play” from an external MIDI controller. Torgny – Go ahead and connect up your MIDI pedalboard, and you should be good to go.

Back to my earlier post and the trouble I was initially having getting this to work. As some of you might know, we use several Native Instruments products, both hardware, and software.

We have both a USB and MIDI connection on our keyboard. When using Logic Pro running on our Mac, we use the USB connection from the keyboard (a Komplete Kontrol S61.) That all works great!

Here’s the BUT… Using the keyboard as a stand-alone MIDI controller, you need to disconnect the USB connection. That will allow data to go out through the MIDI out port of the keyboard, and in our case, over to the Sonic.

We were successful in triggering sounds via both MIDI In1 and In2 on the Sonic. Now, I will say there’s a subtle trick happening under the covers of OAX to allow MIDI In1 to work, but I’m not going to jump into that in this conversation.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Curt.
    Derek
    Participant
    @derekmatts

Hi All,

Genos midi out to OAX 500 midi in working OK – Can now control upper, lower and pedals.
    Maybe I could soon have the first OAX 500 with full pedalboard?

Regards,
    Derek…….

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Derek,

It sounds like you are having fun! Please keep us posted on your adventures and how you are using the new and improved MIDI implementation.

BGJay
    Participant
    @bgjay

Not sure,but I think the octave and transpose have been switched around on the sound edit page,unless I’m having a senior moment

I’m slightly confused (nothing new there then) …

I have not yet updated to 2.85 and I cannot make my mind up whether the above is reporting a bug (i.e. the contents of the fields have been labelled incorrectly) or that the position of the switches have been moved for cosmetic reasons. Given that I do use the octave button in registrations this could be quite serious and I would not want to update until it is fixed. However, if its just cosmetic then there is no issue.

So can somebody clarify please

Thanks
    Barry

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Barry,

You are correct. I can’t say if it’s cosmetic or a bug. A few folks have run across, and it can mess with presets if you have saved any with those settings, and it sounds like you have.

For me, it hasn’t been an issue, but you could count on one hand the number of user presets that I have created.

immusic
    Keymaster
    @admin

Steve – Can you share the Music Archive Presets that are not working as expected? Uli asked for more info so they can take a look at the issue.

Thanks!

Steve
    Participant
    @steve

Hi, Everything seems fine now,after turning the instrument off and then on again,it cured the problem with my presets.A happy bunny now

Cheers
    Steve

Rich Albertini
    Participant
    @rich

Hi Curt,
    During install of V2.85 I had the same .ini file issues, just answered no to all and the install worked. The first bootup of the Sonic the sound was distorted and the fonts for the selectors were flickering. Second turn on cleared everything up. I did notice the interface for the VSTs work a lot better. Can edit VST as many times as you like without VST going behind OAX. The drawbars for OX7-2 since V2.80 are really good. I am using the Manual Chorus with Celeste Vibrato only (rotor turned off) and set the vibrato to work slow or fast with the kick switch. This gives the true CD Spectra drawbar sound. The only issue I am having is the Chorus may or may not turn on when switching presets. Adjusting the chorus slider on the selector turns on the chorus even though it was set for 100%.

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Steve & Rich,

Thanks for your feedback. I’ll make sure to forward the good news to Uli.

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Hey Rich,

I think I understand your comment when using Chorus. I was going to try it myself but figured I ask for yours in the event I couldn’t recreate it. Any chance you can send me one of your presets that is doing this?

I’d be happy to send an example of this issue over to Wersi.

Rich Albertini
    Participant
    @rich

Hi Curt,

I think I have the issue solved. Originally I had created a user voice for live drawbars OX7 Spectra from the factory voice and tweaked it a bit and saved it before I had the preset created. When I created the preset I then set the chorus to 100% for that selector and then saved the preset. I was getting intermittent chorus when changing from other presets to this one, sometimes the chorus working and other times not working. The manual chorus was set to 100% also. Tonight I resaved the voice while the chorus was set to 100% and it seems to be working now. My chorus settings are:
    MIX=100%, Speed=4.02s, Depth=100%, PreDel=6.4ms,Sound =-100%, FeedBack=0%
    I also have the CC drawbar programmed to “Manual Chorus” so I can vary the amount of chorus I want from the CC Drawbar.

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Rich,

Thanks for the feedback. Sometime this week I’ll give that a try. It’s not what I was expecting you to say.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Wersi Products OAX V2.85 Released