OAX Style & Accompaniment Section

Forums Wersi Products OAX Style & Accompaniment Section

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 days ago by JK.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Over the weekend, we started looking into creating our own styles. Along the way, I discovered a video from a few years ago where we began to show some of the basic features in the Style section of OAX. Better late than never – I guess it’s finally time we finish up a few more videos on the topic of OAX styles!

To get started, we have two simple and short examples in this video. In the first one, we are playing left and right hand along with a style. In the second tune, we play the bass line ourselves while the style plays all of the other parts.

Derek
    Participant
    @derekmatts

Excellent timing was just about to start looking at this subject….

Derek…….

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Let’s get a little more mileage out of a couple of videos we did back in 2018. In this video, we introduce something called the “Style Sequencer.” It’s a bit of a hybrid of using a style and playing along with a MIDI sequence. The word “sequence” tends to be a bit of a touchy topic. Is this a feature that interests you?

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

We recorded “part 3” a couple of years ago at the same time as the two videos above but never posted it. It shows a few more details about the Style Sequencer interface.

JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

Hi there,

I would like to add an information. Curt had posted videos and information some time ago regarding the Wersi style converter (Yamaha).

@Curt: you mentioned that only break one (Break 1) will work with converted Yamaha styles.

That is correct but

the Yamaha keyboards have one break only by design!

On the other hand Yamaha uses 4 fills like Ketron does. The difference is that Ketron uses specific buttons.

On the Wersi you can trigger the different fills (4) by pushing the variation button again…(like on the Yamaha keyboard)

I hope that is nothing everybody already knew 😉

Cheers

Juergen

• This reply was modified 6 days ago by JK.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Wersi Products OAX Style & Accompaniment Section