OAX Accompaniment issue?

Forums Wersi Products OAX Accompaniment issue?

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by JK.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

Hi guys,

attached a little tune from Donovan. The lead voice is a Wersi Helios Percussion setting created with the HX3.5 by Keyboardpartner.

If someone is able to recreate such a nice Percussion with the OX2 module let me know. IMHO it has a really nice decay and sounds like a bell (the way Klaus Wunderlich loved to create Percussion sounds with his H-100 and his Helios. Even the CD series created a nice Percussion).

Anyway, I have a problem with the accompaniment. For this song I used a Real Drums style. But I would like to change the drumset. When I am looking into the “mixer” I am not able to exchange the drumset. I got a system dialog which offersnoch options. Has anybody an idea how I can change the Real Drums set? Or is it impossible by design?

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Bill
      Participant
      @abacus

Real Drums are audio files of a real drummer playing a real drum kit; there are many online (Known as Rex Files) that you can download and install in OAX.
        The ordinary drum kits are just Midi loops that play the on board drum samples, so you will need to create your own drum track first.

Bill

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Bill.
        JK
        Participant
        @joeyk

Hi Bill,

thanks for explaining how to change the Real Drums set. I was aware about the difference between the standard drums and Real Drums.

But I am sorry, I didn´t understand it yet. Are Real Drums audiofiles (e.g. .mp3, .wav) or samples?

If they are audio files how is it possible to change the tempo? That would mean also that the drummer had to play 4 variations + fill ins, breaks and starts/endings. But how does the system control when to play the intro or the Breaks etc.. I have still no idea how to change the existing set of „audio files“ with another „real“ recording.

If the Real Drums are samples then we run into another problem.

You should check this video:

Steve Solitaire on samples and 2.90

Steve Solitaire, a great Wersi musician (just my humble opninion) explains why this won´t work with version 2.90. Unfortunately he is explaining it in german.

In brief he is saying that it is not possible to import samples (at least the samples he created – some based on his former OAS system) into 2.90. The only workaround is to backup the organ, install 2.86 and load up the samples. Then you can install 2.90 again!!!

He said also that he did it under 2.70 but 2.86 will do as well. Finally he did comment on 2.90. He said that he is using 2.86. He will not update to 2.90 and does not need a feature like a Farfisa organ. For him it is more important to have the upload option for samples. Great comment, great guy.

He is from Luxemburg. I am wondering whether Carlo knows him personally. I think Belgium is not far away from Luxemburg 😉

Bill
          Participant
          @abacus

Not accepting the post so I have attached it in a PDF file.

Bill

Attachments:
            You must be logged in to view attached files.
            JK
            Participant
            @joeyk

Hi Bill,

sorry for coming back so late 🙁

Thank you very much for passing on the information. Yes, I think it really helps that matter. I will dive into it the next days. It sounds very promising and interesting to me.

Finally I can tell you that Steve Solitaire yesterday posted a short clip on youtube announcing that he got the bug fix (loading samples) and he thinks that Wersi will publish the update soon…

Steve on the patch provided by Wersi

Unfortunately in german, but you may believe me 😉

Anyway, thanks again for your help. Very appreciated!

Juergen

• This reply was modified 1 day ago by JK.
            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Wersi Products OAX Accompaniment issue?