OAX 2.8x Update

Forums Wersi Products OAX 2.8x Update

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    mike
    Participant
    @synth249

hi
    just checking if anyone had any problems installing OS 2.80 in the Wersi.
    i have an OAX800 and have 2.7 operating syste now.
    thanks for any input?
    mike

Derek
    Participant
    @derekmatts

Hi Mike,

Only problem I’ve heard of was an ini file but that was down to Wersi’s server and was sorted ages ago.

regards,
    Derek…..

Mark Robbins
    Participant
    @markrobbins

Hi Mike,

No problem here either on my OAX800, other than the .ini file, which I just ignored. Has also been as solid as a rock.

Thanks
    Mark

BGJay
    Participant
    @bgjay

I converted last evening after holding back waiting for complaints to materialise – there were none and I found it went well and there are no problems arising.

B

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Rumor on the streets is that there might be a 2.80-01 coming soon to deal with the different number of drawbars on the 800 & 1000 models vs. others when dealing with the new “Drawbar Assign” feature.

In our case, that has not been an issue since the number of physical drawbars matches up.

Mark or Spike, did you notice that discrepancy on your 800?

mike
    Participant
    @synth249

thanks for the info.
    mike

BGJay
    Participant
    @bgjay

Rumours on the streets are correct – version 2.80.01 are showing this morning on the Wersi download website

SERVICE & DOWNLOADS – EN

B

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Nice – I just started to download. Getting a fresh cup of coffee. I took a glance and see info regarding the installation steps but don’t see the “README” file telling us what is new & improved. Maybe that will show up on the organ after we install the update.

We were planning on doing some additional work with the Pianoteq VST today. Although I don’t think what we found will change with this release – you never know! 🙂

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

See attached for what’s new/fixed in 2.80-01.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rich Albertini
    Participant
    @rich

Installed 2.80-01. No .ini file problems this time, software installed without a glitch. I saved a live drawbar total preset with the config. for the CC drawbar and no issues when saving either. Still I have a question, Why does the onscreen drawbar configurer only show 7 drawbars for the lower manual when the 800 and 1000 have 9? We paid more money for the 800 so we should be able to configure all 9.

JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

Hi,
    I am wishing a merry christmas to evberybody out there 🙂

I have a question reagrding the 2.80-01 Update. Maybe it´s my fault but I am a little bit confused anyway.

I updated my instrument a few hours ago.

I was playing with some presets and then it happened. I used a VB3 Live setting and the VB3 didn´t react to my physical drawbar input!

Yes I altered the setting of the drawbars (new functionality 2.80). But the change was related to the lower sinus drawbars and the cc drawbar. I didn´t find my custom setup in the preset menu as well.

Okay, fine. But this shouldn´t affect the upper manual sinus drawbars. Again: in the VB3 live setting the VB3 does not react to the input of the (physical) upper manual sinus drawbars input. The screen reacts to the touch…

Is that just me?

Thanks for a little help

Juergen

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by immusic.
    Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Hi Juergen,

Using the attachment to this comment for reference, if you go to the Assign Drawbars screen and click on the Upper Drawbars one at a time, what do they show they are assigned to?

For example, I clicked on Upper 16 and it does show what the drawbar is assigned to. If I move the Upper 16 physical drawbar it does make changes to the virtual 16 drawbar in the VB3 and also in the OX7

Attachments:
    JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

Hi Curt,

thanks for your help. At the end it was my fault 🙁

No software issue 🙂

Just a user error. I dragged the sound from the upper manual to the lower manual. Now you can not expect the upper drawbars to do anything on the lower manual…

The problem was sitting in front of the WERSI 😉

Juergen

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by JK.
    Steve
    Participant
    @steve

Hi,Happy new year to all.
    I was wondering,have many of you updated to the above OS,and if so,any problems.
    I own a 500,and am on 2.80.00,so would it be worthwhile for me
    to update,as I don’t have the extra drawbars
    Your inputs would be gratefully appreciated.
    Regards
    Steve

Derek
    Participant
    @derekmatts

Hi Steve,

As far as I know the only reason to upgrade is if you had the extra drawbars. I am using a OAX1 with lower keyboard and 17 Pedalboard which is basically the same system as you. Therefore I shall be staying on 28.0 until the next upgrade comes along. You will not be gaining anything if you upgrade so don’t take the risk.

Regards,
    Derek….

Steve
    Participant
    @steve

Hi Derek,

Thank you for your input,I was thinking down the same line as you.Maybe best to wait

Regards
    Steve

BGJay
    Participant
    @bgjay

Hi,

Personally I would do this the other way round. Usually as a general rule I believe its sensible to be slow to go to a new revison (e.g. 2.80.00) and to be quicker at a sub-version (such as 2.80.01).

So a new version is more likely to be full of new features and correspondingly full of newly introduceed bugs and, therefore, its wise to let the more experienced people (e.g. Curt) investigate and deal with any repercussions. These bugs will then be fed back to the developers who in turn will issue a bug fix which hopefully will remove ‘all’ the issues that were introduced by the initial major releas. This bug fix will likely be just that – it will not contain new facilities – but it should make the original version more stable – and also remove any bugs – including those you might not yet have come up against.

So I think the rule is never be an early adopter of new major versions – and move to updates fairly automatically as the changes made will not likley be that great – so as to cause major problems. But note – still wait a few days just in case – unless you like living on adrenaline!

Just my opinion.

Barry

Steve
    Participant
    @steve

Hi Barry,

Thank you for your opinion,much appreciated

Regards
    Steve

Samuel
    Participant
    @samuel

Hi folks,
    I’m upgrading my 600 from 2.60.01 to 2.80.01
    The system cannot find .ini paths .
    I stopped continuing after obtaining the second screen.
    See the two attachments.
    What have I to do?
    Thank you for your help.
    Samuel

Attachments:
    Derek
    Participant
    @derekmatts

Hi Samuel,

1. Have you loaded all 5 files into the root directory of your USB.
    You will need all 5 not just the 2 files.

2. There was a ini.file problem when the 28.01 first came out which was caused by the main server. This was corrected. If you are using an original copy reload the files from the website and try again.

3. When I upgraded to 28.01 at first it failed. I took a complete back up to USB then did a complete install ( as a new system ), then reloaded the backup.
    Note this worked for me. my advice would be to wait to see if anyone has any other ideas first.

Regards,
    Derek…..

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Hi Samuel,

Just checking in to see how you made out with your upgrade? I see some good advice from others in the group. Were you successful in getting 2.80.01 installed?

Samuel
    Participant
    @samuel

Hi Derek , Hi Curt ,
    Thank you two for your response.
    I’m still stuck with that issue.
    Since I upgrade from the 2.60.01 version ,I’ve loaded all 5 files into the root directory of USB stick.
    Samuel

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Hi Samuel,

I agree with what Derek said. In my case, I also made copies of the folders containing the *.ini files along with the normal backup function offered by Wersi. At this point, I forget which version I first ran into that message was. Pretty sure I hit it before 2.80x, and my upgrade to 2.8x actually worked as expected. I might have posted about that on the older WersiClubUSA site, but all of the comments are no longer visible since we have disabled the comments there. 😕

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by Curt.
    Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Samuel,

I went back to the old website and looked up the discussion of the *.ini issues folks have had. As long as you make sure you have your own copy of the *.ini files (just in case they are needed), you can click on the “No to All” option, the upgrade will continue. If by chance, you find that OAX doesn’t start after the upgrade runs, you will need to use the backup copies of the *.ini files that you made and then restart OAX.

Please keep us posted as you move forward.

Samuel
    Participant
    @samuel

Hi Curt,
    1.The files “InstrumentSettings” and “UserActivations” have no “.ini” extention in their “Wersi\Settings” directory.
    2. There is no “IntrumentSettings” directory in the “InstallWersi” directory.
    3. There is no “UserActivations_03/_02/_021.ini” file in the “Activation”. directory;instead,there is “UserActivations”.
    See the 2 attachments.
    All the above said,I’m not sure I have my own copies of the *.ini files.
    As the proverb says : “If it works, don’t touch”.And I add to it: “If you’re not sure, don’t touch !”
    Best regards,
    Samuel

Attachments:
    Bill
    Participant
    @abacus

So long as you have made a backup of all your settings on a USB stick just skip the warnings and see how it goes, you can easily install afresh and reload your backup if you have a problem.
    If you are still worried about doing the above then contact Wersi who (If required) can actually access your instrument (Hence the supplied Wi-Fi dongle) and sort it for you.
    Bill

Anthony Muckelt
    Participant
    @cumbria50

What size USB stick do people find the most useful for backing up their Wersi’s?

Anthony

Bill
    Participant
    @abacus

Considering how cheap they are these days you might as well go for a 32GB version. (They also come in packs which save you even more)

Bill

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Anthony,

The “OAX Backup” option only backs up the files that OAX uses to configure the organ to make it “yours”. That includes things like user presets, sounds, styles, MIDI files, etc. The size of that backup will change based on how much you have personally added to the organ. I just did a quick backup of mine, and you can see it’s pretty small.

The thing to be aware of is that it is not a backup of the underlying Windows O/S.

Attachments:
    Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Samuel,

You are in the right place (Wersi\Settings), and those are the two *.ini files that I have an additional copy of, just in case.

As long as you have the OAX backup, which should include those files (but as I’ve mentioned), I have those two files backup separately, so I can replace one or both if needed.

Last resort – Contact OAX support.

Samuel
    Participant
    @samuel

Hi Derek , Bill, and Curt,
    I have very good news for all of us concerning the enigma of the *.ini files while updating our OAX that could even prevent any other issues in our future updates.
    I contacted OAX support and here is their reply:

“Hallo Samuel,
    first of all, these messages have no influence on the correct installation and functionality of the OAX software.
    During the installation I make backup copies of the settings and the activations and add the current date to the files.
    For your instrument, someone has put the entire WINDOWS in English and not just the language in English.
    This changes the format of time and date in WINDOWS.
    You should set the desired date format -> Regional Format -> English (Great Britain) -> Date: 20/01/2021
    This means that the zero comes before a single-digit date -> 3/2/2021 becomes 03/02/2021.
    So if you had done the installation on 10/10/2021, these messages would not have occurred (-:
    Regards”

And that’s what I did: I changed my ancient format from English (US) , 3/23/2021 to the new format : English (GB) 23/03/2021 , restarted the update and the installation completed successfully without any pop up screen.
    Note : the Regional format should be English (GB) and not (US) ! The reason is in English (US) we obtain the months and days inversely : 03/23/2021 instead of : 23/03/2021.
    Samuel

Derek
    Participant
    @derekmatts

Hi Samuel,

Thank you for that info…..as luck would have it I normally always set my system to English UK so that answers why I’ve never had that problem.

Cheers,
    Derek…..

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Samuel,

Happy to hear you were able to work through this and get the upgrade installed.
    Enjoy, Curt

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Wersi Products OAX 2.8x Update