Mixer/EQ/Speakers

Forums Wersi Products Mixer/EQ/Speakers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    BGJay
    Participant
    @bgjay

The Wersi Sonic OAX system has an output mixer with and equalizer for which the individual settings can be saved – even specifically for individual registrations.

So I am curious as to how people use this… Did you leave this alone as it was delivered? Did you make a one off change of the settings to cope with your particular room acoustics? Do you use it creatively and tune it for particular sonic results – if so in what way? etc.

Thanks

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

That’s a fascinating question. I’ll be interested to see what folks have to say.

In our case, we have an OAX700LS (the LS indicates it has internal speakers). I have never been a fan of the internal sound, but we have what we have due to space constraints. I have played with the EQ settings a few times and settled on a global setting that we liked based on our room acoustics vs. individual registration settings. We only have a handful of registrations saved, and honestly, we never thought much about “tuning” to a particular song/registration.

We started way back on OAX 1.3x, and at that time, there was some discussion regarding distortion. I don’t recall which update it was, but Wersi did make some changes that cleared up that issue.

Now that you reminded me, I think I’ll play with the EQ settings this weekend. I’ll save whatever I’m currently using and start fresh. Wonder if I’ll end up with a different setting?

Mark Robbins
    Participant
    @markrobbins

I got my OAX 800 roughly the same time as Curt, which also has internal speakers, and out of the box they were awful. Sound was distorted, flat and only capable of a medium-ish volume. Improved significantly by playing with the output/EQ settings, but not good enough at the time for me.

I purchased some Adam A8X amplified externals, disconnected the lower speakers and muted the tweeters in the upper cabinet, and never looked back. I run at 50% volume, which is loud – I can go to 100% with no distortion, however it shakes the house!

Curt’s post mentions that they may have fixed this with a subsequent release of OAX – we are on v2.8 now, but have not tried this since 2017 – very happy with my Adam’s!

Derek
    Participant
    @derekmatts

Around 3 years ago I had a 700 with no internal speakers but with the vocalis ( wersi ) 120 watt speakers. Also had problems at first with distortion but made an adjustment to the global mixer basically set output to “0” Db. Never touch it again. Have since sold the 700 and changed to a Bohm but recently obtained a used OAX 1 with internal speakers. Have turned the volume of internal speakers to around -20 Db and then attached my M J Acoustics system
    ( 2 x 100watt RMS L & R plus a 200 watt woofer tower ) which seems to work great.

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

I can’t help but notice how many folks were/are not happy with the internal sound system. Barry shared an idea with us a couple of weeks ago via e-mail to add just an external sub to our 700. I think that might help quite a bit. I have a location picked out where I could sit one since bass is non-directional.

Thoughts?

Derek
    Participant
    @derekmatts

There’s a couple of “M J Acoustics” 120watt Woofers sitting in the back of my studio
    taking up space. Although around 16 years old work perfectly, would be great for any one using the internal speakers of their Wersi. Free to anyone who can pick up ( Cambridgeshire UK ) or arrange a postal company to pick up.
    You only need one which as Curt said can be placed anywhere in the room. Just connect to the line outputs.

Don
    Participant
    @wersi2020

Mark
    How did you disconnect the internal speakers on your Wersi organ? I have external speakers for my OAX800 and would prefer to not use the internal speakers.

Mark Robbins
    Participant
    @markrobbins

Hi Don, I disconnected the plug that goes from the upper to the lower cabinet. I needed to undo the two screws at the back and swivel the top back to access the plug.

Hope that helps
    Cheers
    Mark

Mark Robbins
    Participant
    @markrobbins

I should have added that it was a white 4-way small plastic plug on the left hand side as you sit at it. I then disabled the tweeters by muting them in the output screen. I was hoping that plugging external speaker cables in would mute all internal speakers, but no.

On my last Wersi, I did not use powered externals, but actually purchased a new white 4-way plug and wired in a pair of Kef tower speakers – they sounded great, but not so with the Sonic – wrong colour also!

Don
    Participant
    @wersi2020

Hi Mark,
    Thanks, that helps.
    Don

Don
    Participant
    @wersi2020

Mark,
    I was able to disconnect the internal upper and lower speakers in the OAX800. Wow, l really like the sound now with just the external speakers!
    Thanks for the help in how to do this!
    Don

Mark Robbins
    Participant
    @markrobbins

Hi Don,

Yes it is quite a difference isn’t it. Much better than the internals and Wersi’s Vocalis offering. I went for the Adam A8X as I then didn’t need a sub-woofer, which I would have needed with the A5X.

You may need to adjust the EQ settings to tune the externals to be as you want, but you can save both an internal and external speaker setting in the output screen and make it a global setting, such that if you ever go back to internals you have the EQ and other output settings you originally had – having said that, there is no way I would go back to internals.

My prior Verona was exactly the same with poor internal speakers (same position and set up as Sonic) – however, prior Beta which was a spinet had really great internal speakers – in my view the open cabinet design does not lend itself well to internal speakers.

Cheers
    Mark

Jerry Patterson
    Participant
    @vulcan1988

I custom tailor mixer settings to each song. In addition to Wersi internal sounds I also run a Audiostation Mini. I run the output of the OAX1 into the Audiostation Mini then output from it to my external powered speakers.

JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

Hi guys,

here is what I did. I am a fan of the Electro Voice sound. Maybe thats just me but anyway…

So what I did on the OAX1 is mute Line out1 and using Line out2 only. The signal goes into a mixer which uses a Tapco 231 graphics eq before routing into the active EV PA.

Not everybody needs a mixer but I am using a combination of GSI DMC 122, HX3.5 by keyboardpartner and a PSR SX700 as second setup (see attached file).

Last but not least I have the Abacus and my Wersi Saturn and Galaxis/Galaxy connected to the mixer as well 🙂

BR

Juergen

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by JK.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Johan Sack
    Participant
    @johan-zld

Hallo allemaal, ik heb sinds 1 week de oax1 met extra ondermanuel thuis.
    Ik had een Yamaha Genos maar had al veel over Wersi gehoord dus wilde dat ook eens proberen.

Het klinkt erg goed maar ik vind wel als je het ondermanuel gebruikt dat de bassen een stuk minder mooi klinken dus ik overweeg toch om nog een speakerset aan te schaffen voor een beter geluid.
    Verder nog veel experimenteren en zoeken naar de juiste instellingen maar het houd me van de straat dus leuk.
    Groeten aan iedereen en voor allen fijne feestdagen.
    Groet, Johan

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Johan Sack.
    Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Welcome, Johan!

I have the same issue with my organ – Definitely needs an external speaker system. If you follow along, you will find most owners (OAX1 and organs) have added additional speakres.

Johan Sack
    Participant
    @johan-zld

Goede morgen, ik overweeg de Wersi Vocalis 120 Witte High Definition actieve luidsprekers te kopen.
    Iemand al ervaring daarmee?
    Zit op een grote zolderkamer met goede isolatie dus speel nooit met een koptelefoon op vandaar dat ik die luidsprekerboxen overweeg om te kopen

Orgelist Carlo
    Participant
    @carlo

Dag Johan,
    Ik heb de Vocalis-speakers. Deze zijn goed, maar niet denderend.
    Ik ben veel meer tevreden van mijn Bose-Compact set. Zelfde prijsliga, maar véél beter. Bose Compact is met niet veel te verbeteren, mijn inziens.
    Ook beter dan Vocalis is de Maui-serie van LD-Systems.
    Als geld geen probleem is, dan de TS9000-boxen van Wersi.
    Deze heb ik ook, bij mn Louvre. Schitterende luidsprekers.

Grtn, Carlo

Johan Sack
    Participant
    @johan-zld

Dankje voor de info, ik denk zelf dat het voor mij wel voldoet, ik hoef er niet mee op te treden.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Wersi Products Mixer/EQ/Speakers