MIDI file usage

Forums Wersi Products MIDI file usage

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by Curt.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

Hi guys,

hi Curt. I know you did a video about the MIDI file functionality in the OAX system. I just got a midifile and tried to edit it. I could change instruments and adjust volumes. I think that much more is not possible.

What I didn´t understand is how to load the MIDI file (from USB stick) and save it correctly in the OAX system (HD). I mean saving it the way that I can choose the file with the dialog that the MIDI button triggers.

Somehow I managed to save it ass a style…

best

Juergen

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by JK.
    Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Good Day, Sir!

An excellent question. Are you comfortable working at the Windows level vs. doing everything from OAX? It’s a little quicker and saves a few steps if you are?

Try this:

1 – Exit OAX.
    2 – Copy the file from the USB stick to c:\My Wersi\MIDI
    3 – Start OAX.
    4 – Touch “Accompaniment” on the right side of the OAX Home Screen.
    5 – Click “Import” at the bottom of the screen. This defaults to the “Styles” directory.
    6 – In the center column, click on MIDI. This will switch you to the directory you copied the file to in step 1.
    7 – Select the MIDI file you want and click “Import.”
    8 – The system will default to the next available storage location. Click “Save.”

That should do it. You will see all of the MIDI files you have imported into OAX when you touch the physical MIDI button on the console.

I understand that some folks are not comfortable working at the Windows level of the organ. Let me know if the above works for you. If you prefer to skip step one and do everything via OAX commands, let me know, and I’ll pass those along.

JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

Dear Mr. WersiWiki (aka Curt),

please apologize for my late reply. I had and have to deal with my retirement (administration work and things like that…) 😉

Anyway, I have no problems using Windows instead of OAX. So for me it works perfectly! Thanks for this straight forward guidance. Really appreciated!

Have a good time…

Juergen

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Congratulations on the retirement – Well worth the paperwork! 😎

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Wersi Products MIDI file usage