MIDI CC and OAX

Forums Wersi Products MIDI CC and OAX

Tagged: , ,

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by JK.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

Hi there,

I know that ther was a post regarding IK Multimedia B3, Blue3 and other Hammond emulators/clone software.

Since I have a little trouble with the VB3 Plug In (it interferes somehow with Kontakt sometimes and I told it Uli Wildhack already. Could be it is just me) I am using the HX3.5 by Keyboardpartner more extensive with respect to the clasic Hammond sound.

Now I don´t like the impression the drawbar expander makes visually. It´s disturbing the very good design of the Keyboard. Hence I am going with the Plexi Expander WiFi. This allows to remote control the expander by using e.g. the iPad. So far so good.

Since OAX offers the option of using the drawbars as CC controllers, I had a “deja vue” meaning the respective post. The question was: is it possible to use the drawbars cc controller to control an external MIDI device. I think the question was posted before OAX offers the mentioned option.

Anyway. Is it meanwhile possible to use the OAX drawbar CC to control an external device? If not, that would be a good add on for the next OAX update. At least IMHO.

Cheers

Juergen

immusic
    Keymaster
    @admin

From what I remember the last time I messed around, the drawbars (along with almost all other controls) only send data internally… 🙁

Way back when we had a Spectra, it sent just about everything on MIDI Out. Sure wish that was the case with OAX.

JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

Hi Curt,

thanks for the heads up. So we will have to ask Mr. Wersi about what he can do for us…

Cheers

Juergen

BGJay
    Participant
    @bgjay

This may be total rubbish as I haven’t tried it; and I’m not near a Wersi or a manual.

But, if I’ve remembered correctly, isn’t there an option to control external sequencer volumes with draw bars assign. If this is correct then it implies that it is sending stuff outside of the organ as I can’t see that you would run (e.g. Cubase) on the internal processor.

Apologies in advance if I’m having a brain storm – I’ll blame it on my age..

Barry

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

I stand corrected, thanks to Barry’s comment. I just tried a couple of settings. Some of the options under Assign Drawbars DO send via MIDI out.

Just clarify – The volume sliders on the left of the organ send out controller “7” via MIDI out. The drawbars on the right side default to controlling internal drawbars sounds. You can change their behavior using the “Assign Drawbars” option in OAX. However, at this point, the possibilities appear to be pre-defined, with some sending data internally and some sending externally.

If you select the “Soundcontrol” assignment, OAX DOES send data via MIDI out. Soundcontrol3 sends MIDI controller 18. Soundcontrol3 sends MIDI controller 17.

I didn’t try all of the assignments listed under the Selector Controls group, nor did I see a way to change the sent MIDI CC, but perhaps possible. If the device you want to control will allow you to assign what incoming controllers do, you might be in luck?

Juergen – Thoughts? Would that help with what you would like to do?

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Curt.
    JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

Hi Curt,

thanks for staying to that topic.

The HX 3.5 expander luckily accepts everything that´s coming in and allows to define custom cc sets. Meaning: I see what´s incoming and I am able to assign the cc to what ever I like. That´s the beauty of this open system that Casten Meyer did design.

So I will give it a try. But I will ask Uli Wildhack anyway 😉

Curt and Barry, thanks a lot!

Juergen

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by JK.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Wersi Products MIDI CC and OAX