Don’s Studio w/Sound treatments added

Forums Share Your Studio Don’s Studio w/Sound treatments added

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 week ago by Curt.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Don
    Participant
    @wersi2020

Well, I took the plunge and added sound treatments to my room. I installed Primacoustic London sound panels and Auralex bass traps plus some plants. I removed some pictures that had reflective surfaces. These changes made a huge difference in the sound and I absolutely love it!
    My studio now has a Wersi OAX800, Ketron SD90, Komplete Kontrol S49 keyboard (Native Instruments), Logic Pro, 2 Bose L1 Pro 8 speakers (front) and 2 Bose L1 Compact speakers (rear) and Focusrite Scarlett 18I8 audio interface.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Don
    Participant
    @wersi2020

Here is the picture of the front of the room.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Don,

Very nice! We added a little “treatment” to our studio a while back and noticed a huge difference. Since then, we also started running Sonarworks Reference ID, which “corrects” the EQ of our monitors. In theory, we should hear a flat (or nearly flat) response when mixing a tune. Again, a noticeable improvement. In our case, it helps clean up the bottom end and allows us to hear the independent parts better.

We are running the software on our Mac (not the Sonic) and use it only when mixing through the monitors. Our primary listening system (Sonos Play 1’s and a sub) also provide a room correction feature.

Ah… Boyz-n-their-Toyz!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Share Your Studio Don’s Studio w/Sound treatments added