breath controller

Forums Share Your Studio breath controller

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    gioanninjh nguyen
    Participant
    @ninh

Hi Curt,

I am trying to set a breath controller with the Ketron SD40 but SD40 can only respond to CC#7. Other words SD40 doesn’t recognize the CC#2 or CC#11. Need your helps on this please and thank you.

Ninh

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Ninh,

Interesting. Unfortunately, I no longer have any Ketron gear to test on. I’m pretty sure I’ve used CC11 in the past. As for CC2, not so much.

What controller are you using? I’d like to review the manual for it.

I have to run out this morning for a couple of hours. I’ll update this post later today if I can come up with some other ideas for you to try.

gioanninjh nguyen
    Participant
    @ninh

Hi Curt,

Thanks for your reply. I am using Ztar guitar midi controller to control the Ketron SD40. I just bought an Hornberg HB1 breath controller. It’s a very good device and easy to setup. I just don’t know how to set the SD40 so it can respond to the CC2,CC11.

Thanks Curt,

Ninh

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Lets start with the easy one. Can you share a screenshot of the various MIDI filter settings on your SD?

I’m hoping the expression filter is on?

gioanninjh nguyen
    Participant
    @ninh

Hi Curt,

Here are some screenshots of my setup.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

As I’ve mentioned this is 100% from memory as I don’t have a Ketron unit to test on. Can you touch the “Expression” button (it should turn from Yellow to White) and test for expression again? If I remember correctly when that is yellow, the filter is active, and the unit will NOT respond to expression.

Let us know the results.

As for working with controller 2 – I’m sure the SD40 will respond to that controller.

gioanninjh nguyen
    Participant
    @ninh

Thanks Curt. I will try that.

gioanninjh nguyen
    Participant
    @ninh

Hi Curt, as your suggestion, with the expression box unchecked (white), it works with CC11.
    CC2 is still not working.
    Thank you very much for your help.

Ninh

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Ninh,

I pretty much expected that. As far as I know, The SDxx does not respond to CC2. 🙁

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Share Your Studio breath controller