32GB

Forums Wersi Products 32GB

Tagged: , ,

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Curt.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Torgny
    Participant
    @torgny

Has someone expanded RAM to 32GB in their Wersi organ? Is it straight forward?
    (Or perhaps someone was able to buy it with added memory to 32GB?)

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Torgny – Piece of cake. Follow these steps:

OAX-700 Memory Upgrade

JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

Hi Curt,

does it make sense to upgrade the RAM? What ist the advantage? Enhanced boot time?

Cheers

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by JK.
    Bill
    Participant
    @abacus

It mainly comes in handy if you are using VSTs which can be memory hungry, and just like if you have too many programs open in a computer (Each program requires its own memory (With browsers requiring additional memory for every tab that is opened) and if you don’t have enough memory things slow down as it has to swap the open programs between the Ram & HDD/SSD swap file.
    Early OAX instruments had 8GB of Ram however as more features and sounds were added, 16GB became standard to allow OAX to breath. (If your OAX instrument only has 8GB of Ram you will find that upgrading to 16GB will allow it to work much more efficiently. (Less delay when loading features sounds etc.)

Bill

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

What Bill said.

Our Sonic dates back to 2016, when they shipped with 8GB. At the time, we were messing with running Kontakt, which worked OK, but the interface was difficult to use. As part of that testing, we bumped up to 32GB, which significantly reduced the load times of the various instruments in Kontakt.

JK
    Participant
    @joeyk

Hi Curt,

thanks for adding your experience. Since my system is just one year old. Is it allowed to add the memroy yourself? Would that void the warranty?

Cheers

Juergen

Curt
    Keymaster
    @immusiccm

Juergen,

I can’t speak to that. Probably best to drop an e-mail to The Wersi team for clarification. I will say that I have no idea if I was in/out of warranty at the time I did my upgrade.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Wersi Products 32GB